The Successful 360° Brand Campaign
We all know the benefits of a fully integrated campaign, but we also recognize the difficulties that can come with launching a campaign of this scope. As digital marketers, we must at all times own the broader vision of any marketing effort. Why? Because the path consumers take to your site is neither linear nor predictable.
Consumers are self-serving and access information in their own way, which means messaging must be consistent and coherent. With our insights and experience, Intouch Solutions can identify planning processes, team structures and communication tools that can help your brand teams facilitate a 360° campaign with multiple agencies.
Components of a Successful 360° Campaign
Clear and open communication to encourage collaboration
- Establish your brand team’s expectations of each agency — their specific roles and responsibilities — so no gray areas exist. You can quickly foster collaboration and camaraderie if everyone understands their accountabilities.
- If possible, organize team-building activities, both social and structured, to quickly develop relationships among the agencies.
Agency leadership and experience
Your agency lead team is vital to the success of your campaign. It may be the best brand asset you have to delivering the integration and accountability that is necessary in these tough economic times.
- Identify an "agency lead team" with representatives from each agency to work with the brand team and drive the integration process. Your agency lead team is vital to the success of your campaign. It may be the best brand asset you have to delivering the integration and accountability that is necessary in these tough economic times.
- The agency lead team should develop a communication plan that serves as a roadmap for the messaging hierarchy, channel strategies and platform integration.
- Encourage each agency to share their plans, research, calendars and timelines, and to keep an inventory of current and potential brand assets.
On a quarterly basis, collect all creative, group it on a wall, and evaluate the consistency of the messaging, look, feel and integration of brand assets — the results may surprise you.
For more information on agency integration and collaboration, see our blog posts on the topic:
Seamless program and asset management
- Establish weekly all-agency calls and status reports, and keep the focus on sharing relevant information rather than typical status updates.
- Hold monthly agency lead team meetings.
- Prior to all print, TV and video shoots, determine shot and usage requirements for all agencies.
- Set up an agency extranet to serve as repository for creative, photography, approved language and marketing calendars.
This holistic approach is the best way to ensure a relevant and vibrant brand experience for your consumers. For more information on creating 360° campaigns or agency lead teams, please contact your Intouch Solutions representative, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.