Every March since 1987, South by Southwest (SXSW) has turned Austin, TX into – as they put it – the premier destination for discovery, celebrating the interactive, film, and music industries and fostering creative and professional growth.
And every year for nearly a decade – yes, a decade! – Intouch has been on the ground at SXSW, collecting insights and keeping pace with leaders in global innovation to bring back the newest thinking in marketing, branding, and connecting with audiences.
Keynotes from Barack Obama and Johnny Cash, small-venue visits from Jay-Z and Amy Winehouse, and, of course, the debut of Twitter: SXSW is famous for gathering the most influential people in the world.
This year, speakers include everyone from Priscilla Chan to Neil Gaiman, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to Wyclef Jean, Trevor Noah to Frank Oz.
Stick with us next week as we listen, learn, debate and distill the takeaways from SXSW 2019! But if you want a sneak peek, check out what the SXSW organizers themselves are naming the top 10 trends they see in this year’s programming:
- Blockchain is Building Web 3.0
- Conquering an Era of Digital Distrust
- Doc and Genre Films Are Booming at the Box Office
- Evolution of Transportation and Delivery
- The Evolving Cannabis Consumer
- Job Design and the Future of Work
- Music and Blockchain Hopes Over Hype
- Rapid Rise of Subscription Services
- The Value of Human Touch in Music Curation
- XR Is Now