Staying on Top of Pharma Marketing Trends
Are you having trouble keeping up with the latest news and information centered on the pharma industry, especially when it comes to marketing? It can be a little overwhelming. And even if you occasionally have time to point your Web browser past the headlines, it’s difficult to guess where to go next.
To help, Intouch Solutions has taken this opportunity to compile a list of some of the best resources available.
To start, let’s go “old school” and talk about print publications. It may seem odd for a digital agency to bring up print resources, but these magazines are jumping past the ink and reaching readers in the digital arena as well.
- MedAdNews (http://www.pharmalive.com/magazines/medad/) — Launched in 1982, the tabloid-sized MedAdNews offers insight into successful business and marketing strategies.
- Medical Marketing & Media (http://www.mmm-online.com/) — MM&M is a monthly business publication that has been serving health care marketers since 1966. Each issue carries a mix of industry news and in-depth feature articles on marketing and promotion.
- Pharmaceutical Executive (http://pharmexec.findpharma.com/) — Pharmaceutical Executive offers analysis of marketing as well as broader business strategies to executives at the world’s leading drug companies.
- PharmaVOICE (http://www.pharmavoice.com/) — PharmaVOICE is designed to deliver the views, opinions, and insights of executives who are shaping the direction of the life-sciences industry.
- PM360 (http://www.pm360online.com/) — PM360 is a monthly magazine for marketing decision makers in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries.
Many of these print publications offer e-newsletters delivered to your inbox on a regular basis as well. Read on for more information.
If you want your information with a little more commentary and a different editorial eye, take a look at these pharma blogs. Timely and on-target, these blogs do a good job of relaying important news and opinion, and analyzing how it impacts the pharma industry.
- eyeforpharma (http://www.eyeforpharma.com/) — A global perspective on pharma marketing.
- Impactiviti (http://impactivitillc.wordpress.com/) — A blog by Steve Woodruff that focuses on pharma, biotech, and medical device training for professionals.
- Pharma Blog Review (http://blog.pharmalive.com/) — A weekly roundup of pharma and health care—related blogs from the editor of MedAdNews
- Pharma Rx (http://blog.intouchsol.com/) — A shameless plug for our Intouch Solutions blog by Wendy Blackburn!
- Pharmalot (http://www.pharmalot.com/) — A news-style daily blog feed by Ed Silverman.
Get the latest pharma news and insights delivered directly to your inbox with these great free e-newsletters. Whether you are looking for weekly marketing news or quarterly research analysis, you’ll find these subscriptions are worth a look.
- DotPharma (http://eforms.kmpsgroup.com/paidpub/pharmalive_signup.aspx) — Focused on pharma eMarketing, from MedAdNews/PharmaLive.
- eMarketer Daily Newsletter (https://www.emarketer.com/Newsletter.aspx) — A free insider’s look at the latest eMarketer analysis. Two new articles with eMarketer charts are delivered to your inbox each weekday morning.
- FDLI SmartBrief (http://www.smartbrief.com/fdli/) — News for food & drug regulatory professionals.
- Manhattan Research (http://www.manhattanresearch.com/newsroom/Newsletter/) — A quarterly newsletter that focuses on great data from this pharma and health care market research company.
- Marketing Sherpa (http://www.marketingsherpa.com/) — Not pharma related, but this group offers great (free!) case studies across industries, often with social media success stories.
- MM&M newsletters (http://www.mmm-online.com/newsletters) — Three newsletters from MM&M, one focused on Consumers, a KOL White Paper, and a semiweekly with the latest News Briefs.
- PharmaExec Direct (http://pharmexec.findpharma.com/newsletters) — Behind-the-headlines pharma global sales and marketing news. Delivered every other Wednesday.
If you’re on Twitter, it’s time to follow your fellow pharma folks. Luckily, there are a number of lists of pharma “tweeps” that you can go to in order to get started. These lists include a variety of pharma and health care people; many of them have their own blogs as well.
- Impactiviti (http://impactivitillc.wordpress.com/socialrx/) — A long list of pharma people active in social networking (with links to blogs and Twitter accounts).
- Phil Baumann (http://philbaumann.com/2009/07/21/1001-remarkable-pharma-people-to-follow-on-twitter/) — A list of pharma people to follow on Twitter, plus a good Twitter primer.
- Ignite Labs (http://ignitelabs.com/pharmatweeps/) — Ignite’s top 24 pharma people to follow on Twitter.