Intouchers Give Back
Supporting local causes and charities is important to all Intouch associates. They especially enjoy the opportunity to put their digital skills and know-how to work for health-related charities. It creates a great win-win and it feels good, too! This past May, also known as Melanoma Awareness Month, associates in our Chicago office from all departments joined together to create an engaging website for Skin of Steel (SOS).
A non-profit organization committed to improving outcomes for patients suffering from melanoma in the Midwest, Skin of Steel believes survivability is directly proportional to proximity of care. Of course, us Intouchers couldn’t agree more as one of our main goals is to help our clients educate patients and improve public health. We were thrilled to help create, design and build a new website for SOS.
- Redesign the Skin of Steel website to make it easy to navigate and represent the organization in a sophisticated way.
- Display the need for a National Melanoma Tissue Bank and create a trustworthy eCommerce website through which funds can be raised to support the Tissue Bank effort.
Picture of SOS’ website before Intouch’s assistance
- Prioritize content by designing a site with user-friendly navigation and language.
- Define an SEO strategy to improve organic search results.
- Provide information that drives action, educates visitors and encourages donations.
After many months of creating, designing and building, the new and improved Skin of Steel website is up and running. The website’s launch helped SOS reach their donation goal of $500,000, and preliminary analytics showed an increase in visits to the site and Facebook page. Check it out at skinofsteel.org.
Pictures of SOS’ website after Intouch’s assistance
Way to go Intouch volunteers!
Check out another great philanthropic effort that Intouchers recently supported!