FDA Social Media Guidance Webcast Announced
Did you find the 10 pages, 369 lines of text, and 9,971 words of the FDA’s recent draft guidance a tad bit confusing? Then register now for a free webcast taking place March 13, 2014, from 2–3 PM EST.
In January, the FDA released draft guidance on postmarketing submission of interactive promotional materials. The intent was to provide clarity to marketers who promote pharma/animal health products within interactive channels such as social media. And although the guidance does provide some insight on the FDA’s thinking, it’s nowhere near comprehensive. In fact, the document is just one in a series of related guidance promised by the FDA. (See our infographic for a quick overview.)
To help cut through the clutter, Intouch Solutions has partnered with Kulkarni Law Firm and Medical Marketing & Media to offer a free, informative webcast. The webcast is designed to dissect the guidance and help brand directors and communication managers — whether currently engaging in social media or looking to do so — apply the rules today.
Who: The experts:
• Sean Nicholson, Senior Director of Social Media Strategy, Intouch Solutions
• Doug Weinbrenner, Director of Social Media, Intouch Solutions
• Darshan Kulkarni, Pharm.D, MS, Esq., Principal Attorney, Kulkarni Law Firm
What: Topics to be covered include:
• Handling of user-generated content
• Influence over third-party content
• New rules on submission of real-time content
• Responsibilities of those acting on a company’s behalf
• Practicalities surrounding social media workflow
• Impact on expectations from consumers and HCPs and thoughts on what’s next
When: March 13, 2014, 2:00-3:00 PM EST